Monday 26 February 2007

15th of February

I left my cousins house heading back to Bombay, from Pune (pronounced Puna) to visit another cousin. I was taken to a taxi station where you can arrange to share a taxi for the trip back to save money. After dismantling my pack so that it fitted under a seat I got in the back of a 4 wheel drive, the kind of seat where kids seat when the car is full.

I was sharing the back with another guy and it wasn’t that bad. Then two more people joined us in the back and it started getting very crowded. All in all there were 16 full grown Indian males in the car. However, I think the guy with the worst seat wasn’t us poor bastards in the boot, but the guy who had the driver sitting in his lap. And no I’m not joking. There were 4 people on the front seat (bench seat) and one guy had the driver sitting on his lap. It made me wonder who was pushing the pedals.

No comments: